Wisbech gets its own Starbucks
- Credit: Archant
US COFFEE giant Starbucks has made its way to Wisbech.
The company opened a branch on the A47 Wisbech bypass at Walton Highway on April 19.
They renovated a building which had been empty since Little Chef closed in September last year.
Mark Batterham, store manager, said: “Starbucks like to be known as the third place. If you are not at home or at work you come here.
“We have a welcoming atmosphere where people can come and use the Wi-Fi, relax and enjoy food and coffee.
You may also want to watch:
“The next nearest Starbucks is in Peterborough so we saw it as a good opportunity to introduce the people of Wisbech to our brand.”
The opening of the store has created 10 jobs, mainly filled by people from the Wisbech area.
- 1 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 2 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 3 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 4 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 10 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
Mr Batterham says the early signs for the coffee shop are positive.
He said: “We are getting established and have already attracted a base of regular customers. The launch has gone fantastically well and we have had lots of positive feedback from people.”
To celebrate the opening the company is doing a special offer on Frappuccinos. From May 23 to June 2, between 3-5pm, Frappuccinos are half priced.