Wisbech gets its own Starbucks
- Credit: Archant
US COFFEE giant Starbucks has made its way to Wisbech.
The company opened a branch on the A47 Wisbech bypass at Walton Highway on April 19.
They renovated a building which had been empty since Little Chef closed in September last year.
Mark Batterham, store manager, said: “Starbucks like to be known as the third place. If you are not at home or at work you come here.
“We have a welcoming atmosphere where people can come and use the Wi-Fi, relax and enjoy food and coffee.
You may also want to watch:
“The next nearest Starbucks is in Peterborough so we saw it as a good opportunity to introduce the people of Wisbech to our brand.”
The opening of the store has created 10 jobs, mainly filled by people from the Wisbech area.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
Mr Batterham says the early signs for the coffee shop are positive.
He said: “We are getting established and have already attracted a base of regular customers. The launch has gone fantastically well and we have had lots of positive feedback from people.”
To celebrate the opening the company is doing a special offer on Frappuccinos. From May 23 to June 2, between 3-5pm, Frappuccinos are half priced.