Wisbech gets its own Starbucks
- Credit: Archant
US COFFEE giant Starbucks has made its way to Wisbech.
The company opened a branch on the A47 Wisbech bypass at Walton Highway on April 19.
They renovated a building which had been empty since Little Chef closed in September last year.
Mark Batterham, store manager, said: “Starbucks like to be known as the third place. If you are not at home or at work you come here.
“We have a welcoming atmosphere where people can come and use the Wi-Fi, relax and enjoy food and coffee.
“The next nearest Starbucks is in Peterborough so we saw it as a good opportunity to introduce the people of Wisbech to our brand.”
The opening of the store has created 10 jobs, mainly filled by people from the Wisbech area.
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 8 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 9 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 10 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
Mr Batterham says the early signs for the coffee shop are positive.
He said: “We are getting established and have already attracted a base of regular customers. The launch has gone fantastically well and we have had lots of positive feedback from people.”
To celebrate the opening the company is doing a special offer on Frappuccinos. From May 23 to June 2, between 3-5pm, Frappuccinos are half priced.