Wisbech gets its own Starbucks
- Credit: Archant
US COFFEE giant Starbucks has made its way to Wisbech.
The company opened a branch on the A47 Wisbech bypass at Walton Highway on April 19.
They renovated a building which had been empty since Little Chef closed in September last year.
Mark Batterham, store manager, said: “Starbucks like to be known as the third place. If you are not at home or at work you come here.
“We have a welcoming atmosphere where people can come and use the Wi-Fi, relax and enjoy food and coffee.
“The next nearest Starbucks is in Peterborough so we saw it as a good opportunity to introduce the people of Wisbech to our brand.”
The opening of the store has created 10 jobs, mainly filled by people from the Wisbech area.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 3 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 4 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 5 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 6 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 7 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 8 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
Mr Batterham says the early signs for the coffee shop are positive.
He said: “We are getting established and have already attracted a base of regular customers. The launch has gone fantastically well and we have had lots of positive feedback from people.”
To celebrate the opening the company is doing a special offer on Frappuccinos. From May 23 to June 2, between 3-5pm, Frappuccinos are half priced.