Wisbech warehouse firm Partner Logistics wins major national award
- Credit: Archant
A firm which opened the UK’s largest freezer warehouse in Wisbech has scooped a prestigious national award.
Partner Logistics, who operate a warehouse on Boleness Road, picked up the Editor’s Choice trophy at the annual Storage, Handling and Distribution (SHD) Awards.
They were also finalists in the Best Operations (SME) and the Environment/Sustainability categories, where other finalists included Jaguar Land Rover and Sainsbury’s.
Peter Macleod, editor of SHD Logistics magazine, praised Partner Logistics’ entry.
He said: “The submission from Partner Logistics caught my eye from the moment it was submitted.
You may also want to watch:
“It was clear that the Environment/Sustainability category of the SHD Logistics Awards was going to be the most hotly contested of all the categories and Partner Logistics came in with a very compelling story.
“A facility that uses 50 per cent less energy than the European Cold Storage and Logistics Association best standard is a real attention-grabber.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
- 10 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
“From my perspective companies taking such initiatives deserve great recognition and I was delighted to be able to put Partner Logistics’ name on the Editor’s Choice trophy.”
Trevor Hudson, commercial manager at Partner Logistics, said: “We are delighted to have received this award and it is an honour to be recognised for our continued contribution to sustainability and the environment.
“It is testament to the hard work that we put in to ensure our customers receive the best possible supply chain solution”.
The Wisbech warehouse, which is the size of two football pitches, thirty six metres high and can hold 77,000 pallets, was opened in 2010.