Young hairdressing hopefuls learn the skills of the trade at Whittlesey after-school club
- Credit: Archant
A WHITTLESEY salon has set up a free after-school club to give students hands-on experience of the industry.
Students who attend the classes at Boome hair salon are given a valuable insight into the profession and learn the skills of the trade.
They are taught about working in a salon environment, shampooing, conditioning and colouring hair, applying tints and blow-drying.
Lauren Martin, director of the hair dressing academy after-school club, said: “Our aim is to give students an insight into the hairdressing profession.
“We are doing this for them to give them an advantage for when they go for job interviews, as salon owners are more likely to take on someone with experience so they can go straight into a job.”
You may also want to watch:
Students get to work on models and learn how to prepare for a photoshoot, as well as meeting and greeting clients and reception work.
Ms Martin is thrilled about her pupils enthusiasm for the classes.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
She said: “Students are spending their own time to learn hair dressing at the academy, which shows they are really interested and they enjoy doing it and this shows they really want to do a hairdressing as a career.”
Classes are held on a Tuesday evening between 4.30-7pm. For more information call 01733 205499