Young hairdressing hopefuls learn the skills of the trade at Whittlesey after-school club
- Credit: Archant
A WHITTLESEY salon has set up a free after-school club to give students hands-on experience of the industry.
Students who attend the classes at Boome hair salon are given a valuable insight into the profession and learn the skills of the trade.
They are taught about working in a salon environment, shampooing, conditioning and colouring hair, applying tints and blow-drying.
Lauren Martin, director of the hair dressing academy after-school club, said: “Our aim is to give students an insight into the hairdressing profession.
“We are doing this for them to give them an advantage for when they go for job interviews, as salon owners are more likely to take on someone with experience so they can go straight into a job.”
Students get to work on models and learn how to prepare for a photoshoot, as well as meeting and greeting clients and reception work.
Ms Martin is thrilled about her pupils enthusiasm for the classes.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 9 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
She said: “Students are spending their own time to learn hair dressing at the academy, which shows they are really interested and they enjoy doing it and this shows they really want to do a hairdressing as a career.”
Classes are held on a Tuesday evening between 4.30-7pm. For more information call 01733 205499