Young hairdressing hopefuls learn the skills of the trade at Whittlesey after-school club
- Credit: Archant
A WHITTLESEY salon has set up a free after-school club to give students hands-on experience of the industry.
Students who attend the classes at Boome hair salon are given a valuable insight into the profession and learn the skills of the trade.
They are taught about working in a salon environment, shampooing, conditioning and colouring hair, applying tints and blow-drying.
Lauren Martin, director of the hair dressing academy after-school club, said: “Our aim is to give students an insight into the hairdressing profession.
“We are doing this for them to give them an advantage for when they go for job interviews, as salon owners are more likely to take on someone with experience so they can go straight into a job.”
You may also want to watch:
Students get to work on models and learn how to prepare for a photoshoot, as well as meeting and greeting clients and reception work.
Ms Martin is thrilled about her pupils enthusiasm for the classes.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 10 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
She said: “Students are spending their own time to learn hair dressing at the academy, which shows they are really interested and they enjoy doing it and this shows they really want to do a hairdressing as a career.”
Classes are held on a Tuesday evening between 4.30-7pm. For more information call 01733 205499