Businesses in Wisbech can now apply for funding to improve the skills of their workforce
- Credit: Archant
Organisations and community groups in Wisbech can access financial support through a European funding programme.
It is hoped the funding will improve the skills of the existing and potential adult workforce, contributing to strengthening the economic viability of the area.
An open call for applications is now underway through the European Social Fund (ESF) and Community Led Local Development (CLLD).
The programme will be distributed through a three-year competitive grants scheme to address local priorities.
The first stage of the programme, which started on March 1, will call out to all organisations, local community groups, training organisations, colleges, employers or the voluntary sector, to come forward with their ideas.
You may also want to watch:
In December 2017 a funding agreement was signed with The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), the managing authority for ESF, confirming Cambridgeshire ACRE (Action with Communities in Rural England) as the Accountable Body that will manage a grant of £1.05 million (increasing to £2.1 million with match-funding), in order to catalyse local action.
If you want to be involved in this project, the attend Wisbech Museum on March 22 at 9.30am for 10am start.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Visit https://wisbechclld.wordpress.com/ for more information.