Businesses on Wisbech industrial estate are suffering because roadworks across the town start at the same time
PLEASE can someone talk sense into all the contractors that have decided to start work in Wisbech at the same time.
I work in Algores way and have noticed a drop in business due to all the work in Wisbech. The customers that are getting in are complaining about the amount of time it is taking to get from one side of Wisbech to the other.
One of my issues is the temporary traffic lights at Weasenham Lane. Getting out or in of Wisbech, which used to take five minutes, is now taking up to half a hour.
It did seem at first that the contractors would take the lights down at 5pm to help the traffic flow but now they’re up all the time and the traffic is gridlocked.
Permanent lights at the junction will surely just stack the traffic up around the Weasenham Lane area.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to a councillor, I have been informed that the idea of opening Boleness Road up to the bypass has been mentioned, but as far as I’m aware no action is due soon.
Please can this be looked into as it would add another entrance and exit into the industrial estate which would ease traffic on the other exits and bring much-needed business into the industrial estate
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 7 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 8 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges