More firms show support for MP Steve Barclay's Read to Succeed scheme
- Credit: Steve Barclay MP
MP Steve Barclay’s bid to get more children reading through his Read to Succeed campaign has been bolstered thanks to its two latest supporters.
Mr Barclay received £500 from Anglian Water, on top of a donation of £2,500 from Nestle Purina in Wisbech as part of his annual reading scheme.
“The Fenland-born author, journalist and philosopher William Godwin once said: ‘He that loves reading has everything within his reach’,” the NE Cambridgeshire MP said.
“That’s certainly true for me and I hope this campaign will help youngsters in the constituency to feel the same.”
The Read to Succeed campaign aims to raise enough money to buy a reading book for every single Year 4 schoolchild in the constituency.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s theme is Wild World Heroes and hopes to encourage children to stand up for the future of our planet.
Anyone wanting to support the campaign are asked to email: email@example.com
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden