More firms show support for MP Steve Barclay's Read to Succeed scheme
- Credit: Steve Barclay MP
MP Steve Barclay’s bid to get more children reading through his Read to Succeed campaign has been bolstered thanks to its two latest supporters.
Mr Barclay received £500 from Anglian Water, on top of a donation of £2,500 from Nestle Purina in Wisbech as part of his annual reading scheme.
“The Fenland-born author, journalist and philosopher William Godwin once said: ‘He that loves reading has everything within his reach’,” the NE Cambridgeshire MP said.
“That’s certainly true for me and I hope this campaign will help youngsters in the constituency to feel the same.”
The Read to Succeed campaign aims to raise enough money to buy a reading book for every single Year 4 schoolchild in the constituency.
You may also want to watch:
This year’s theme is Wild World Heroes and hopes to encourage children to stand up for the future of our planet.
Anyone wanting to support the campaign are asked to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 2 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 3 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 6 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology
- 9 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award