Businessman produces emails and letters from firms that want to move to new commercial units at Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A businessman hoping to build three more commercial units on the outskirts of Wisbech has shown planners letters from companies interested in relocating there.
Stephen Necker is proposing to expand the commercial units at Pond World Aquatics in Lynn Road within Bambers Garden Centre.
His agent, Swann Edwards of Guyhirn, has explained to west Norfolk planners – who will decide the application- the level of interest from firms wanting to rent the new units.
Letters and emails from clients include a design firm from Bury St Edmunds, bridal studios from Newmarket and Kings Lynn and a country clothing outfit from Kent.
A cycle store from Great Yarmouth told Mr Becker it had looked at opening up in the town centre “but unfortunately I don’t feel it really suits our business. The selection of shops is quite poor and the image of the shops isn’t the image we have for our business.”
You may also want to watch:
However the cycle firm says the space likely to be available at Pond World is more in keeping with what they hope to acquire.
A camping firm says it would provide five jobs if space was available “and the site is just what we are looking for to start out new business.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Other firms include a wool and yarn store from Winchester and a local company that makes garden furniture.
Swann Edwards told planners: “It is essential for the survival of the other businesses located here for the site to continue to develop to underpin them and ensure their continued success.
“The businesses on this site have proven to be successful over many years.”