Butcher’s van containing �1,000 worth of meat stolen from outside Wimblington home
A THIEF got away with more than �1,000 worth of meat after a butcher’s delivery van was stolen from outside a house in Wimblington.
The victim was using his white Volkswagen Transporter van to deliver meat and fish to a house in Lyon Walk, Wimblington on Tuesday February 1. The incident happened at about 11.45am.
A man snatched the keys to the van, jumped into the vehicle and drove off. The man is described as white, 25 to 35, tall, slim with dark hair and wearing a dark beaney hat.
Detective Constable Kayleigh O’Brien, investigating, said: “This was the victim’s livelihood. He had more than �1,000 worth of meat and fish stolen as well as his delivery van.
“I would like to speak to anyone who might have seen anything at the time of the incident or if anyone has seen the delivery van.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the theft is asked to contact DC O’Brien at March Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Caring Daisy, 7, to donate hair to help children's charity
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow