Butcher’s van containing �1,000 worth of meat stolen from outside Wimblington home
A THIEF got away with more than �1,000 worth of meat after a butcher’s delivery van was stolen from outside a house in Wimblington.
The victim was using his white Volkswagen Transporter van to deliver meat and fish to a house in Lyon Walk, Wimblington on Tuesday February 1. The incident happened at about 11.45am.
A man snatched the keys to the van, jumped into the vehicle and drove off. The man is described as white, 25 to 35, tall, slim with dark hair and wearing a dark beaney hat.
Detective Constable Kayleigh O’Brien, investigating, said: “This was the victim’s livelihood. He had more than �1,000 worth of meat and fish stolen as well as his delivery van.
“I would like to speak to anyone who might have seen anything at the time of the incident or if anyone has seen the delivery van.”
Anyone with information about the theft is asked to contact DC O’Brien at March Police Station on 0345 456 456 4 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home