Buttercross Auctions in Whittlesey to return after successful autumn schedule
AUCTIONS held at Whittlesey’s historic market square have proved such a success that they will continue into the new year.
Organiser Laurence Seaton held three auctions - backed by Whittlesey Town Council and Fenland District Council - towards the end of 2010. Mr Seaton and town mayor Derek Stebbing had hoped they would “reinvigorate” the town centre.
And on Friday, the first of a new series of Buttercross Auctions will return after bargain-hunters and collectors alike flocked to the town’s market on sale days.
Mr Seaton said: “The winter auctions schedule was a huge success and the last sale held in November attracted over 100 people.
“They arrived from mid-morning from as far afield as Spalding and Ely and spent money in the town with traders and at eating establishments.
You may also want to watch:
“It was just the result the council and I were hoping for and there was a great buzz and excitement created on the sale day. People of all ages enjoyed the taste of a live auction sale and the chance to buy something out of the ordinary.”
The spring schedule will also see auctions held on the first Fridays in March and April.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 8 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
A range of items will once again be welcomed for auction but must be entered by noon at the latest on sale day to ensure they can be sold. Sales commence at 1pm.
For further information contact Laurence Seaton on 07713081526 or by e-mail at email@example.com