Buy an egg-stra Easter egg and donate it to the needy, says staff at Wisbech Anglia Co-operative travel branch
- Credit: Archant
YOUNGSTERS in the Wisbech area are set for a sweet treat at Easter, thanks to the help of the town’s Anglia Co-operative travel branch.
Harriet Secker and her team at the branch in the Beales department store in Church Terrace are collecting Easter eggs to pass on to hard-pressed families, and area appealing for donations.
Harriet said: “People in the area responded generously to our Christmas toys appeal and we hope they will help us to make this Easter extra special by donating chocolate eggs to our appeal.
“Our collection is growing, but more donations will mean we will be able to help more families.”
The eggs will be distributed to families on low incomes, supported by housing groups and social services, by Wisbech Salvation Army and Envoy Russell Day said: “We’re really grateful that Harriet and her team are looking to help families at this time of the year.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a very special time - a way of celebrating our Saviour’s gift to us – and it’s really fantastic that the Anglia Co-operative travel team is enabling us to pass on a gift to families in the town.
“There are many families in the area who won’t be getting very much chocolate at Easter, and this appeal shows that there are people around who want to help make life easier for others.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
• You can take your chocolate egg donation to the Anglia Co-operative travel team in the Beales department store until 5pm on Tuesday, March 26.