Buy an egg-stra Easter egg and donate it to the needy, says staff at Wisbech Anglia Co-operative travel branch
- Credit: Archant
YOUNGSTERS in the Wisbech area are set for a sweet treat at Easter, thanks to the help of the town’s Anglia Co-operative travel branch.
Harriet Secker and her team at the branch in the Beales department store in Church Terrace are collecting Easter eggs to pass on to hard-pressed families, and area appealing for donations.
Harriet said: “People in the area responded generously to our Christmas toys appeal and we hope they will help us to make this Easter extra special by donating chocolate eggs to our appeal.
“Our collection is growing, but more donations will mean we will be able to help more families.”
The eggs will be distributed to families on low incomes, supported by housing groups and social services, by Wisbech Salvation Army and Envoy Russell Day said: “We’re really grateful that Harriet and her team are looking to help families at this time of the year.
“It’s a very special time - a way of celebrating our Saviour’s gift to us – and it’s really fantastic that the Anglia Co-operative travel team is enabling us to pass on a gift to families in the town.
“There are many families in the area who won’t be getting very much chocolate at Easter, and this appeal shows that there are people around who want to help make life easier for others.”
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
• You can take your chocolate egg donation to the Anglia Co-operative travel team in the Beales department store until 5pm on Tuesday, March 26.