By George that is one very helpful bear in Little Thetford
- Credit: Archant
A cuddly bear called George is helping a vicar new to the area find her feet.
George, of St George’s Church in Little Thetford, has been spotted around the area in a bid to help Julia Chamberlin get used to some of the places near to her new work place.
Until three weeks ago Ms Chamberlin was a teacher in Cambridge but three weeks ago she was ordained at Ely Cathedral and is ready to take on her new role at the village church.
However, she does not know the area well so parishioners decided to give her a helping hand by taking a few snaps of George as he roams around the countryside.
Kevin Dunseath, a key holder at the church, said: “When you are trying to get used to a new village it can be hard to find your way around so we thought we would lend a hand.
You may also want to watch:
“We have taken shots of him sitting on local village signs. But I hear George has now gone away to Reading with a parishioner who is on holiday.
“The photo challenge could get interesting!”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens