Cadets celebrate sky-high year
MARCH air cadets celebrated another successful year at their annual dining in night when 44 cadets, staff and civilian committee members sat down to a formal dinner at Marchh Conservative Club. As well as dining in all the new cadets, staff and committe
MARCH air cadets celebrated another successful year at their annual 'dining in night' when 44 cadets, staff and civilian committee members sat down to a formal dinner at Marchh Conservative Club.
As well as dining in all the new cadets, staff and committee members it was a chance to formally dine out and thank those were departing for pastures new.
Commanding Officer Kirsty Burnham reflected on a successful year where the squadron had gained awards for community work and well as sports. Cadets had individually gained awards in both sport and modelling with some going on to represent the Wing. More cadets than ever attended both Easter Camp, Annual Camp, Llanbedr and Windemere adventure training establishments and two cadets tasted life in Cyprus.
Several cadets attained bronze Duke of Edinburgh's Award and one gained silver, with over half the squadron working towards this award.
You may also want to watch:
For further information on March squadron log onto the website at www.1220atc.org.uk or Tel: 01354 651788.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'