Cadets from March attend annual RAF camp at Cranwell
CADETS from March enjoyed a packed week of activities and visits at this year’s annual camp at RAF College Cranwell.
Seven members of the 1220 (March) Squadron joined 31 others at the event in Lincolnshire and took full advantage of the flight training school that was offered.
Cadet James Lyttle took part in a two-hour session on board a King Air multi-engined trainer while Corporals Simon Foster and Lauren Arnold flew to Scarborough on board a Dominie Jet Trainer.
Visits to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, the Lincolshire and Newark Aviation museums and RAF Police Dog Section were just some of the week’s highlights.
1220 are now ready to recruit more 13-17 year olds. An open evening on Wednesday September 8 will be held before the next intake night on Tuesday September 14.
You may also want to watch:
For further information on 1220 log onto the website: www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone