Cadets from March attend annual RAF camp at Cranwell
CADETS from March enjoyed a packed week of activities and visits at this year’s annual camp at RAF College Cranwell.
Seven members of the 1220 (March) Squadron joined 31 others at the event in Lincolnshire and took full advantage of the flight training school that was offered.
Cadet James Lyttle took part in a two-hour session on board a King Air multi-engined trainer while Corporals Simon Foster and Lauren Arnold flew to Scarborough on board a Dominie Jet Trainer.
Visits to the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight, the Lincolshire and Newark Aviation museums and RAF Police Dog Section were just some of the week’s highlights.
1220 are now ready to recruit more 13-17 year olds. An open evening on Wednesday September 8 will be held before the next intake night on Tuesday September 14.
You may also want to watch:
For further information on 1220 log onto the website: www.1220atc.org.uk
- 1 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 2 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 3 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Second dispersal order in two months to tackle anti-social behaviour
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Care home residents enjoy a gift of touch screen technology
- 9 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award