Cadets give presentations to visitors about wartime events
AFTER watching two Second World War films, air cadets from 272 (Wisbech) Squadron gave presentations at the town’s RAFA club in front of parents and guests.
The youngsters had watched Reach for the Sky, about war hero Douglas Bader, and The Dambusters, about famous raids using bouncing bombs.
Mayor of Wisbech, Councillor Vivien Macrae, was among the visitors to watch the youngsters’ presentations which included old photos and sound effects.
Civilian instructor Laura Nixon explained: “The idea behind the project was for the cadets to watch two different films and find out how close the films were to real life.
“This was also a chance for the cadets to take part in a different side of the cadet organisation, one that a lot of them had not experienced before. The evening was a great success and further presentations on the Falklands and a more in depth look at the Dambusters are planned for the future.”
You may also want to watch:
After the event, Cadet Chloe Garner, 17, said: “It was great to present our findings to the local community and I found out a lot of information.”
272 (Wisbech) Squadron is currently recruiting young people aged 13-17. Come along to one of our parade nights on a Monday or a Thursday night at our Sandyland headquarters, email 272Sqn@BedsCambsWgATC.org or ring 01945 587251 on parade evenings.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover