Are you looking for your golden ticket to the Cambridge Half Marathon? Join Team Eddie’s as a charity runner
- Credit: Archant
The 2018 race might be sold out, but local charity Eddie’s – based in Waterbeach and March - have a few charity places available.
Following the success of Eddie’s Cambridge Half Marathon team 2017, there are spaces for the race, which is now in its seventh year has sold out. “What better way to secure your space than by running for Eddie’s? With just a £20 registration fee and a small fundraising target of £150 Eddie’s is the perfect choice,” say the charity.
Helen Thurley, head of community services at Eddie’s, said: “This year we are looking to grow our team and help fund our Family Support Service.
“Each year we need to raise £29,000 to continue this life-line service, supporting many local children with a learning disability and their family.
“Every penny raised through the race will go directly to this Cambridgeshire service.”
You may also want to watch:
Eddie’s is available to help all its runners with fundraising hints, tips and support as well as providing running vests and support through social media.
The route starts and finishes at Midsummer Common.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
If you would like to find out more about joining Team Eddie’s 2018 then contact Marika Newman on 01223 883130 or email email@example.com.