Are you looking for your golden ticket to the Cambridge Half Marathon? Join Team Eddie’s as a charity runner
- Credit: Archant
The 2018 race might be sold out, but local charity Eddie’s – based in Waterbeach and March - have a few charity places available.
Following the success of Eddie’s Cambridge Half Marathon team 2017, there are spaces for the race, which is now in its seventh year has sold out. “What better way to secure your space than by running for Eddie’s? With just a £20 registration fee and a small fundraising target of £150 Eddie’s is the perfect choice,” say the charity.
Helen Thurley, head of community services at Eddie’s, said: “This year we are looking to grow our team and help fund our Family Support Service.
“Each year we need to raise £29,000 to continue this life-line service, supporting many local children with a learning disability and their family.
“Every penny raised through the race will go directly to this Cambridgeshire service.”
Eddie’s is available to help all its runners with fundraising hints, tips and support as well as providing running vests and support through social media.
The route starts and finishes at Midsummer Common.
- 1 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 2 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 3 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 4 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 5 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 6 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 9 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
If you would like to find out more about joining Team Eddie’s 2018 then contact Marika Newman on 01223 883130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.