Match ball from Cambridge United's victory against Newcastle to be raffled for charity
- Credit: THE MICK GEORGE GROUP
A Cambridgeshire company is to raffle off the now-iconic match ball from Cambridge United’s victory at Newcastle United for charity.
The Mick George Group, who sponsored the match ball at the game on January 8, is holding the raffle in support of the Cambridge United Community Trust.
In a lottery-style competition, Mick George is giving away four separate prizes which include:
Signed (both teams) match-ball in a Perspex presentation display
CUFC signed match-day programme
Exclusive commemorative FA Cup framed print
2 x CUFC Trust Gala tickets
“Whether you experienced the euphoric victory on the day or followed from afar the Mick George Group are now giving you the chance to own a piece of FA Cup and Cambridge United history,” said a company spokesman.
Tickets cost £2 per entry (or three for £5). Enter online via www.mickgeorge.co.uk/product/charity-match/cufc-trust-lottery-ticket.
All entries must be received before Friday January 28 ahead of a draw which will be completed and distributed online the following week.
- 1 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 2 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 3 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 4 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 5 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 6 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 9 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 10 'Most stunning' The Chase contestant takes on fresh challenge
It will be drawn by Cambridge United Football Club manager Mark Bonner, goalkeeper Dimitar Mitov and striker Joe Ironside.