Cambridgeshire army cadet drummers shine at 2011 Malta Military Tattoo
TWO teenagers took to the stage alongside army cadets from around the world as they performed at a military tattoo in Malta.
Harry Matthews and Tom Hare, Year 11 pupils at Chatteris’ Cromwell Community College, proudly represented Cambridgeshire Army Cadet Force Corps of Drums at the 2011 Malta Military Tattoo.
The drumming duo performed alongside other cadets at the event’s opening ceremony and took to the stage numerous times during their five-day trip.
Harry said: “It was the best experience of my life and was a once in a lifetime opportunity.
“I am glad I was able to represent my country, the Army Cadet Force and my school and the trip gave me some of my best and most memorable moments within the cadets.”
You may also want to watch:
The tattoo is hugely popular in Malta with the unmistakable beat of military bands proving a massive hit with audiences in shows which including stunning light displays.
During the trip the teenagers also enjoyed many outings including a visit to the country’s capital city Valletta.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Tom said: “Performing with these world class professionals was certainly nerve wracking but the training we had put in helped us pull off a first class parade.
“I’ve taken part in many parades and performances around the country but this was the most important I’ve ever taken part in - it was was quite simply the time of my life.”