Cambridgeshire bagpipe band which has just performed to 10,000 in Germany on lookout for members
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire Caledonian Pipe Band is on the lookout for new members to join them as they play their music across Cambridgeshire and the wider East of England area.
The band is a local community not for profit group and all of the funds raised are reinvested in band instruments and practise facilities.
The pipe band offers completely free lessons in playing the bagpipes and pipe band drumming.
In the last few years, the band has doubled in size and now counts more than 20 members.
Drum sergeant, tutor and band secretary for Cambridgeshire Pipe Band, Iain Soutter, said: “Just last week we travelled abroad for the first time, taking eight musicians with us to a military music festival in Germany where we performed over three days to well over 10,000 people.
You may also want to watch:
“We perform across the region all through the year and are slowly building a reputation as one of the best community bands around.”
If you are interested in joining the Cambridgeshire Caledonian Pipe Band, please contact Iain on 07745 925544 or visit http://ccpipeband.wix.com/ccpipeband.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend