Cambridgeshire carers to be rewarded in first ever Pride In Our Carer awards
- Credit: Archant
Carers Trust Cambridgeshire has launched its first ever Pride In Our Carers Awards to celebrate the valued work of family carers and the people, schools and organisations that support them.
The awards are being held to mark Carers Week - 6-12 June - and provide an opportunity to say thank you to someone who has gone the extra mile to support carers.
Nominations are invited for the following categories:
• Carer of the Year
• Young Carer/Young Adult Carer of the Year
You may also want to watch:
• Carer Friendly Employer of the Year
• Carer Friendly School or College of the Year
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
• Carer Friendly Social Care Award
• Carer Friendly Health Care Award
• Carer Friendly Voluntary Organisation Award
Carers look after family, partners or friends in need of help because they are ill, frail or have a disability. The care they provide is unpaid.
CEO of Carers Trust Cambridgeshire, Dr Helen Brown said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for us all to celebrate family carers and show appreciation for the valuable support they receive.
The awards will enable us to thank all those who have supported the valuable contribution made by the 78,000 carers in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, who mostly go unrecognised and receive little or no support. This can put their own health and well-being at risk due to evidence that caring responsibilities are associated with depression and feelings of stress.”
The closing date for entries is Friday April 15 and entries will be judged by a panel of carers. Finalists will be invited to a special awards ceremony during national Carers Week.
Full details of the awards are available on the Carers Trust Cambridgeshire website - http://www.carerstrustcambridgeshire.org/pride-in-our-carers-awards-2016/ or by calling 01480 499090.