Cambridgeshire County Council encourages people to join #BeTheRainbow human flag at Shire Hall, Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire County Council is encouraging people to join them in Cambridge later this month to form a human flag for LGBT History Month.
A spokesman said: “We will be flying the Rainbow Flag and we would like you to come along and #BeTheRainbow on Thursday February 23 at Shire Hall in Cambridge from 12.30pm.
“Around 100 people came to Shire Hall last year, wearing various colours to form the colours of the LGBT rainbow flag as part of the #BeTheRainbow event and people sent in their own pictures on social media.”
LGBT History Month is a month-long annual event that marks lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history, and the history of the gay rights and related civil rights movements.
Last year figures Cambridgeshire was named the fourth highest authority in the country for celebrating difference and working to tackle and prevent homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying in schools.
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire has been in the top 10 ever since tn 2011.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire