Cambridgeshire County Council encourages people to join #BeTheRainbow human flag at Shire Hall, Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire County Council is encouraging people to join them in Cambridge later this month to form a human flag for LGBT History Month.
A spokesman said: “We will be flying the Rainbow Flag and we would like you to come along and #BeTheRainbow on Thursday February 23 at Shire Hall in Cambridge from 12.30pm.
“Around 100 people came to Shire Hall last year, wearing various colours to form the colours of the LGBT rainbow flag as part of the #BeTheRainbow event and people sent in their own pictures on social media.”
LGBT History Month is a month-long annual event that marks lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history, and the history of the gay rights and related civil rights movements.
Last year figures Cambridgeshire was named the fourth highest authority in the country for celebrating difference and working to tackle and prevent homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying in schools.
Cambridgeshire has been in the top 10 ever since tn 2011.
- 1 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 9 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told