Cambridgeshire crime figures down with 24 per cent drop in robbery offences
CRIME has fallen by eight per cent in Cambridgeshire but drugs and fraud offences are on the rise, according to the latest figures.
Home Office statistics reveal that for the 12 months ending June 30, there were 50,140 crimes - down from 54,732 in the previous year.
There were double-digit falls in domestic burglaries, vehicle crimes, criminal damage, sexual offences, violence against a person and a huge 24 per cent drop in robberies.
But there was a five per cent rise in the number of recorded drugs offences - with the police continuing to crack down on the supply and production of drugs in the county. There was also an eight per cent rise in fraud and forgery crimes.
Chief Constable Simon Parr said: “The force has and continues to undergo significant changes so I am delighted that crime continues to fall, and that fewer people have become victims in that period.
“The fall of nearly a quarter in robberies and a significant drop in domestic burglaries are particularly pleasing as they are crimes that have such an impact on victims.
“Having said this, we must remain focused and avoid complacency as we look forward to seeing the force’s restructure bedding in and meeting significant financial challenges.”
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Church gets set for annual Christmas tree festival
- 10 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
2010/2011 (to end of June) 54,732
2011/2012 (to end of June) 50,140
Percentage change -8
2010/2011 (to end of June) 3163
2011/2012 (to end of June) 2807
Percentage change -11
2010/2011 (to end of June) 543
2011/2012 (to end of June) 415
Percentage change -24
2010/2011 (to end of June) 5279
2011/2012 (to end of June) 4695
Percentage change -11
Violence against the person
2010/2011 (to end of June) 10,272
2011/2012 (to end of June) 8926
Percentage change -13
2010/2011 (to end of June) 750
2011/2012 (to end of June) 649
Percentage change -14
Fraud and forgery
2010/2011 (to end of June) 1773
2011/2012 (to end of June) 1914
Percentage change +8
2010/2011 (to end of June) 8829
2011/2012 (to end of June) 7790
Percentage change -12
All drugs offences
2010/2011 (to end of June) 2694
2011/2012 (to end of June) 2842
Percentage change +5