Cambridgeshire FA’s ParAbility project giving disabled youngsters chance to play football
- Credit: Archant
Two events encouraging disabled people to play football will take place in Fenland next week.
Cambridgeshire FA is using funding from the Big Lottery Fund to put on taster sessions.
The ParAbility Football Project kicks off with a taster session for the PapworthTrust youth group at the Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech, run by Cambs FA coaches for children aged 13 to 17 on Monday.
A session will also be held at Wisbech St Mary football club for 12 to 16-year-olds on Saturday from 10.30-11.30am.
There is no need for players to book a place in advance – they can simply turn up with their trainers or football boots, and shin pads if they have them.
You may also want to watch:
Cambs FA’s Disability Football Development Officer, Robert Reeve, said: “We’re delighted to have received funding from the Big Lottery Fund and the FA to develop the disability football programme in Cambridgeshire.
“Primarily the aim of the ParAbility Football Awareness Week is to showcase these new fantastic opportunities available to disabled people in the county, not just participation, but workforce and voluntary openings as well.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“All of our sessions are delivered by qualified and experienced coaches, creating an inclusive and positive experience, through a safe and fun environment.”
Anyone who would like further information should call Mr Reeve on 01223 209038 or e-mail Robert.Reeve@CambridgeshireFA.com
See more at www.abilityplusgroup.co.uk/news/15593/cambs-fa-launch-parability-football-project