Cambridgeshire FA’s ParAbility project giving disabled youngsters chance to play football
- Credit: Archant
Two events encouraging disabled people to play football will take place in Fenland next week.
Cambridgeshire FA is using funding from the Big Lottery Fund to put on taster sessions.
The ParAbility Football Project kicks off with a taster session for the PapworthTrust youth group at the Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech, run by Cambs FA coaches for children aged 13 to 17 on Monday.
A session will also be held at Wisbech St Mary football club for 12 to 16-year-olds on Saturday from 10.30-11.30am.
There is no need for players to book a place in advance – they can simply turn up with their trainers or football boots, and shin pads if they have them.
Cambs FA’s Disability Football Development Officer, Robert Reeve, said: “We’re delighted to have received funding from the Big Lottery Fund and the FA to develop the disability football programme in Cambridgeshire.
“Primarily the aim of the ParAbility Football Awareness Week is to showcase these new fantastic opportunities available to disabled people in the county, not just participation, but workforce and voluntary openings as well.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel until later due to 'incidents'
- 9 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
“All of our sessions are delivered by qualified and experienced coaches, creating an inclusive and positive experience, through a safe and fun environment.”
Anyone who would like further information should call Mr Reeve on 01223 209038 or e-mail Robert.Reeve@CambridgeshireFA.com
See more at www.abilityplusgroup.co.uk/news/15593/cambs-fa-launch-parability-football-project