Cambridgeshire family gets sporty to say thank you to Papworth Hospital
- Credit: Alan Bennett / Media Imaging Sol
Three generations of a family completed a team run in aid of the hospital which saved the life of one of their own.
Ray Arnold, 63, of Southery, the founder of business Fenland Garage Doors, received a life-saving double heart bypass operation at Papworth Hospital in Cambridge.
As a way to say thanks to the hospital staff for their efforts, the Arnold family decided to take part in the Subway and Heart Research UK Family 5km event at Milton Country Park.
Mr Arnold’s wife Ellie, son Paul, daughter in law Laura and grandchildren Beth and twins Hollie and Josie completed the course while he cheered from the sidelines.
Mrs Arnold said: “I am speechless as to how great Papworth Hospital is and the fantastic advances that allow you to scan the heart in so much detail.
You may also want to watch:
“It is all helping to raise awareness of heart disease and knowing the symptoms, as well as getting more people to exercise and be active.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town