‘Cambridgeshire gent’ Charlie Thompson is the new voice of Saturday morning radio
- Credit: Archant
Charlie Thompson, who grew up in Manea, is the newest face to join BBC Radio Cambridgeshire.
The presenter, who has covered the Saturday morning show throughout March, will continue to wake up the country’s early birds from 6am to 9am as of this weekend.
He said: “I love waking up the people of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and kick-starting their weekends.
“We’ve a number of new features which should put a smile on your face first thing, while celebrating our wonderful county.
“I’ve really enjoyed covering the show over the past month so I’m delighted to have secured this programme.”
You may also want to watch:
David Harvey, editor of BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, added: “We’re looking forward to having Charlie join the weekend schedule on a more permanent basis.
“He has strong connections to the north of the county and is a Cambridgeshire gent through and through.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour
“I know he will be a real asset to the team.”