Jobs up for grabs in Cambridgeshire including 20 at new budget supermarket in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of jobs are up for grabs in Cambridgeshire as the unemployment rate nationally remains at the lowest in decades.
Bosses at the Job Centre Plus say that activity across the county has been “very buoyant”.
A new Heron Food store is set to opening in Wisbech and 20 full time jobs are being offered at Tesco’s new budget store set to open at the moth-balled site in Chatteris, with interviews due to be held in autumn.
Figures also reveal that six people were made redundant from Poundworld in Wisbech when the store closed the end of last month.
Meanwhile, more than 15 jobs are available via the Good People recruitment agency and Labourtech in Littleport.
You may also want to watch:
Around 25 jobs have already been recruited through the RecruitMint Agency in Sutton.
Up to 100 jobs are also set to be interviewed at Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
Stephen Lankester, district operations leader for East Anglia, said: “The recruitment activity in the Cambridgeshire area is very buoyant, with 100 vacancies with Addenbrookes, 60 with McDonalds and many more available.
“The unemployment rate is at four per cent, the lowest since 1975. We are helping even more people benefit from a well-paid job and summer jobs are a great way to develop their skills, get some experience in the work place.”