Cambridgeshire man jailed for sexual assault on a boy and for possessing and making indecent images of children
- Credit: Archant
A man has been jailed after admitting a sexual assault on a boy and a string of indecent image offences.
Matthew Ward, 31, was arrested on February 13 at his home in Vinery Court, Ramsey, following a police warrant and search at the property. Officers seized data storage devices which were found to contain indecent images of children.
They also found indecent footage of two young boys on his mobile phone taken covertly inside a public toilet at a London theatre. The boys have never been identified.
Images and footage taken from other devices revealed Ward had sexually assaulted a boy.
Ward pleaded guilty to sexual assault of a boy under 13, two counts of taking indecent images of children, two counts of possessing indecent images of children (relating to 217 images and videos) and two counts of making indecent images of children (relating to 731 images and videos).
On Monday (April 11), he was jailed for three years and four months at Peterborough Crown Court. He was also made subject of a 10-year sexual harm prevention order, meaning he will be monitored on his release and be under tight restrictions.
DC Steve Martin, who investigated, said: “These are very serious offences, which include creating his own indecent images, and this is reflected in the sentence.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
“Ward is clearly a danger to children but the sexual harm prevention order means he will have restrictions on his movements on release and will be closely monitored by police.”