Cambridgeshire murder probe: police name victim as 28-year-old Andrew Hasler of St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire police investigating a murder in St Ives on Sunday have named the victim.
Officers were called at about 12.40pm with reports of violence in Houghton Road and on arrival found two people were injured.
Sadly 28-year-old Andrew Hasler, of Houghton Way in St Ives, was fatally injured.
A 27-year-old woman from Huntingdon suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where she remains in a stable condition.
A 40-year-old man from Cambridge has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder and is currently in hospital.
Andrew’s family have released the following statement: “Andrew was a much loved son, brother, grandson, nephew and friend. Kind hearted and living his life to the full, he came into the world early and has left us far too soon. We miss you Andrew.
“The family is grateful for kind words from the many whose lives were touched by Andrew. We respectfully ask to be left to come to terms with our loss in private.”
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 9 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'