Cambridgeshire murder probe: police name victim as 28-year-old Andrew Hasler of St Ives
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire police investigating a murder in St Ives on Sunday have named the victim.
Officers were called at about 12.40pm with reports of violence in Houghton Road and on arrival found two people were injured.
Sadly 28-year-old Andrew Hasler, of Houghton Way in St Ives, was fatally injured.
A 27-year-old woman from Huntingdon suffered serious injuries and was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge where she remains in a stable condition.
A 40-year-old man from Cambridge has been arrested on suspicion of murder and attempted murder and is currently in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Andrew’s family have released the following statement: “Andrew was a much loved son, brother, grandson, nephew and friend. Kind hearted and living his life to the full, he came into the world early and has left us far too soon. We miss you Andrew.
“The family is grateful for kind words from the many whose lives were touched by Andrew. We respectfully ask to be left to come to terms with our loss in private.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder