Cambridgeshire police warning to trick-or-treaters this Halloween
- Credit: Archant
Police in Cambridgeshire are urging anyone who heads out trick-or-treating to “be careful who you scare this Halloween”.
They are also offering a free poster for anyone who doesn’t want any unwelcome guests.
The poster is aimed at older and more vulnerable members of the community because Halloween for them can be frightening and an intimidating experience.
Chief inspector Steve Kerridge said: “We have created a poster people can download and display in their homes.
“It asks trick-or-treaters not to call. It also has some tips for trick-or-treaters to ensure everyone has a pleasant evening.”
You may also want to watch:
Cambridgeshire police have issued some instructions for parents that you can follow to make sure you’re safe this Halloween:
•Ensure children are accompanied by a responsible adult.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
•Explain how vulnerable people can be frightened by an unexpected group calling at their door on a dark evening.
•Only knock at houses where you know you will be welcome.
•Respect any ‘no trick-or-treating’ notices displayed.
You can download a copy of the poster by visiting: www.cambs.pnn.police.uk/A-Z/Halloween