Group of children prank call police following ‘several hoax calls’
- Credit: Facebook/CambsCops
Police have recently recorded a spike in prank calls and are urging parents and carers to speak to the children about the dangers of hoax calls.
Over the last four days, Cambridgeshire Constabulary has received “several hoax calls”, including one from a group of children.
Audio from the phone call has been released on social media and officers say the group gave the handler abuse and even swore at them.
One resident said: “Hoping it wasn't a phone box they called on, and instead their phone so you can track it and hold them accountable.”
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “Over the past four days we’ve sadly had several hoax calls, including this group of children and others who were abusive and swore at our call takers
You may also want to watch:
“Please help us help those truly in need and speak to your children about the dangers of hoax calls.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections