Cambridgeshire Police looking to recruit the next generation of PCSOs
CAMBRIDGESHIRE Police is looking for the next generation of PCSOs to work across the county.
A recruitment campaign has started to take on 15 new Police Community Support Officers to support the work of the police within the community.
Raphael Frascogna, trainee HR manager, said: “PCSOs provide a high-profile visible uniformed presence to support communities by assisting in minimising incidents of anti-social behaviour, reducing the fear of crime and reassuring the public - ultimately helping to make Cambridgeshire a safer place to live and work.”
PCSOs are actively involved in the community and attend local meetings, take part in foot patrols and offer crime prevention. They are seen by many as the eyes and ears of the community.
Ms Frascogna also said: “We are looking for people who have good communication skills and are able to use their tact and diplomacy when dealing with confrontational or emotional people, and use persuasion to encourage a more appropriate course of action.
“They must also be team players, physically fit and adaptable to meeting the demands of a busy police force, and we are particularly keen to hear from multilingual candidates.”
• Anyone interested in applying for the role should visit www.cambs.police.uk/recruitment
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'