Cambridgeshire Police officers swap uniforms for ballroom gowns
POLICE swapped their uniforms for ballroom gowns to raise money for injured soldiers.
This year’s police ball, which took place in May, raised �500 for Help for Heroes.
The cheque was handed over to Harold Payne from the charity on Sunday, July 11 so it can be used to help wounded fighters with their rehabilitation.
PCSO Sue Clarke said: “Such a lot of people in the police are ex-forces so we thought it was a good cause to raise money for. Everyone knows someone in the forces.”
And PCSO Clarke, from Wisbech Neighbourhood Policing Team, is to plunge further into fundraising for the charity by taking part in a sponsored swim.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to sponsor her can call 01945 585934.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Caring Daisy, 7, to donate hair to help children's charity
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow