Cambridgeshire Police officers swap uniforms for ballroom gowns
POLICE swapped their uniforms for ballroom gowns to raise money for injured soldiers.
This year’s police ball, which took place in May, raised �500 for Help for Heroes.
The cheque was handed over to Harold Payne from the charity on Sunday, July 11 so it can be used to help wounded fighters with their rehabilitation.
PCSO Sue Clarke said: “Such a lot of people in the police are ex-forces so we thought it was a good cause to raise money for. Everyone knows someone in the forces.”
And PCSO Clarke, from Wisbech Neighbourhood Policing Team, is to plunge further into fundraising for the charity by taking part in a sponsored swim.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who wants to sponsor her can call 01945 585934.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 6 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 7 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 8 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory