Cambridgeshire Police out in force on county roads for latest THINK! speed campaign
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being urged to stick to the speed limits and consider the potentially devastating consequences of driving too fast as part of this month’s THINK! campaign.
Throughout May the Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit will be out in force looking for motorists breaking the law.
Insp Mark Rogers said: “We all lead busy lives and there are times when we may be in a hurry and there’s a temptation to put your foot down to make up a little bit of time.
“Usually, on these occasions, we have a hundred other things going through our heads as we speed to try to get home that bit quicker.
“But sadly this can be one of the most dangerous moves you make, with speed remaining one of the main factors in fatal and serious collisions.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who drives to help us protect road users by reducing your speed and driving to the conditions of the roads.”
Motorists are advised to drive to suit the conditions and the layout of the road.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review