Cambridgeshire sportslovers nominated for prestigious Living Sport Awards
- Credit: Archant
Four Cambridgeshire sportslovers have been nominated for the prestigious Living Sport Awards.
Former March Town Cricket Club president and Cambridgeshire Cricket Board pitch inspector Mel Pooley, of Doddington, is nominated for services to sport.
Paralympic wheelchair basketball player Sarah Grady, of Stretham, is up for sports performer with a disability of the year.
Volunteer Jamie Loades, of Sutton, is selected in the young community volunteer of the year category.
Mark Vile, of Burwell, who coaches at Cambridge and Coleridge Athletics Club, is on the shortlist for coach of the year.
You may also want to watch:
The awards ceremony, which recognises sporting achievements in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, takes place at Burgess Hall, St Ives, on November 14.
There are 10 award categories overall including sports performer and team of the year.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Simon Fairhall, chief executive of Living Sport, said: “We had an excellent response to the call for nominations and the judging panel had a strong field of candidates to choose the shortlisted nominees from.”
A full list of categories and shortlisted nominees can be found at www.livingsport.co.uk.
Tickets for the ceremony, which must be bought in advance, cost £30 and include a three course dinner with drinks.
They are available from Living Sport by contacting Jane Dunmall on 01487 841559 or by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.