Town underpass left unrecognisable after flash flooding
- Credit: Archant
The underpass in Chatteris was left unrecognisable after yesterday’s flash flooding - but that didn’t stop youngsters on their bikes from having a great time.
Joseph Beer, who captured the moment his friend pedalled through the wet conditions, said: “I couldnt believe it when I got there, it was aswome.
“The first time I went through I got soaked because it was deeper than I thought.”
It was among several areas across Fenland to be hit by heavy thunderstorms, which ripped through towns on Sunday afternoon (August 16) .
Dramatic pictures and videos were then shared on social media showing places that had been hit by the sudden deluge.
You may also want to watch:
The water levels began to subside after a couple of hours, however a yellow weather warning remains in place with the Met Office warning of further heavy showers and thunderstorms until later tonight (Monday August 17).
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens