Cambs-based charity to open shop in Fenland - and volunteers are needed
A CHILDREN’S hospice charity is looking for volunteers as it prepares to open a shop in Fenland.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH), which cares for life-threatened children and their families across Cambridgeshire from its Milton hospice, will open a shop at 5 Market Street, Whittlesey, in July - and volunteers are needed to make it a success.
Trevor Bailey, head of EACH retail, said: “We’re really excited about opening a new EACH shop in Whittlesey. It’s a great market town, the shop is a really good size and in a fantastic location.
“We are looking for volunteers to help run the shop and we are hoping the community will come and donate top-quality goods for sale and come and buy our lovely stuff to make it a success.
“We opened a new shop in Cambridge last year, and we’re hoping another Cambridgeshire shop will further boost the EACH profile and funds in the region. The new Whittlesey shop brings the total of EACH shops across East Anglia to 13.”
You may also want to watch:
EACH will hold two volunteer road shows at 5 Market Street, Whittlesey, on Friday June 24 and Saturday June 25. Both road shows will run from 10am-3pm.
The following opportunities are available: charity shop volunteers, event helpers, collection box organisers, public speakers and supermarket collection volunteers.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
For more information about volunteering contact Clare Bates on 01223 815134, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to EACH Milton, 42 High Street, Milton, Cambs, CB24 6DF.