Car dealer fraudster Luke Mills who numbered friends amongst his victims jailed for 27 months
- Credit: Archant
A garage owner has been jailed for 27 months for defrauding friends and customers out of more than £91,000.
Luke Mills, 38, of The Cloisters, Eye, was sentenced on Friday (25 May) at Peterborough Crown Court.
The court heard how Mills used his position as the owner of Edgerley Park Motor Dealership, on Peterborough Rd, Eye, to acquire his victim’s details in order to apply for finance from multiple insurance companies on the same vehicle.
Mills pleaded guilty to nine charges of fraud between January, 2015 and April, 2016. Throughout this period he repeatedly lied to his victims so he would continue to receive illicit payments.
DC Aaz Tourabi said: “Many of Mills’s victims came to him as a trusted professional, which he exploited for his own financial gain.
You may also want to watch:
“This sentence reflects the tough stance the criminal justice system takes on fraud and I applaud the perseverance of the victims in helping to bring Mills to justice.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 9 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol