Police officer assaulted while arresting man during ‘domestic incident’
- Credit: Archant
A police officer was assaulted while making an arrest at a Cambridgeshire home during a suspected domestic incident.
Officers were at a home in Darthill Road, March during the attack and a 25-year-old man has been charged with beating an emergency worker.
Kyle Murray was arrested at about 9pm on Friday night (August 21) following the incident at will appear in court today (August 24).
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “A man has been charged with causing actual bodily harm and assaulting a police officer following his arrest.
“Kyle Murray, 25, was arrested at about 9pm at his home address in Darthill Road, March, following allegations of a domestic incident.
You may also want to watch:
“The arresting officer was injured in the process and Murray has since been charged with assault causing actual bodily harm and assault by beating of an emergency worker.
“He has been remanded in custody to appear at Peterborough Magistrates Court today.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend