Police announce ‘new remote arrests’ using drones in hilarious April Fools tweet
- Credit: Twitter/@CambsRuralCops Twitter/@CambsRuralCops
Police have announced that all arrests in Cambridgeshire will now be made remotely via drone... don’t worry, remember it’s April Fools day.
The announcement was made on the force’s rural cops Twitter account this morning (April 1) with a picture attached of the device needed to make the arrests.
Pictures show a drone hanging from a piece of string with a baton cable tied to one end with a set of handcuffs retrofitted to the other.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “In an effort to keep officers and the public safe in these unusual times we will be making arrests remotely from now on.
“Offenders will be asked at a distance to stand still while our latest invention applies cuffs.”
You may also want to watch:
They quickly followed up their tweet, they said: “Don’t worry this is a joke. It’s not even one of our drones. Happy April fools day. Stay home, protect the NHS, save lives.”
One resident said: “Excellent! Thank you for posting and making me smile! Thank you also for keeping us all safe, we all really appreciate it, even if it isn’t said that often.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'