Cambs County Council’s plans for keeping roads clear is interesting read - but what about pavements?
I WAS interested to read your story about Cambridgeshire County Council’s plans for keeping the roads clear.
However, one of the major problems last year and the result of a lot of activity at A&E departments was caused by icy pavements.
Did my namesake Mark Kemp (the county council’s director of highways) have anything to say on that subject, because there was a lot of controversy about which authority was supposed to be responsible last year and as a result nothing was done.
Having walked into March this week the pavements had that ‘accidents waiting to happen’ look and it certainly puts a lot of older people off from going shopping with the resultant effect on town businesses.
As for the pavements leading to doctor’s surgeries, care homes, sheltered accommodation etc I shudder to think, if last year is anything to go by.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton