Cambs County Council’s plans for keeping roads clear is interesting read - but what about pavements?
I WAS interested to read your story about Cambridgeshire County Council’s plans for keeping the roads clear.
However, one of the major problems last year and the result of a lot of activity at A&E departments was caused by icy pavements.
Did my namesake Mark Kemp (the county council’s director of highways) have anything to say on that subject, because there was a lot of controversy about which authority was supposed to be responsible last year and as a result nothing was done.
Having walked into March this week the pavements had that ‘accidents waiting to happen’ look and it certainly puts a lot of older people off from going shopping with the resultant effect on town businesses.
As for the pavements leading to doctor’s surgeries, care homes, sheltered accommodation etc I shudder to think, if last year is anything to go by.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s