CAMBS ELECTION 2013: Tories gain Ely North and East division from Lib Dems
- Credit: Archant
EAST Cambridgeshire district councillor Mike Rouse is now also a county councillor after the Conservatives gained the Ely North and East division from the Liberal Democrats.
Cllr Rouse polled 1,086 votes to oust Liberal Democrat Nigel Bell, who only managed 612 votes.
UKIP continued its strong show in East Cambridgeshire with Peter Dawe, who came third with 482 votes.
Labour’s Clem Butler received 385 votes while Green candidate Robert Eaton polled 166 votes.
The Conservatives also held onto the Woodditton division with a comfortable win.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Shuter polled 1,327 votes to retain his seat, with Labour’s Steven O’Dell polling 466 votes and Liberal Democrat Jennifer Liddle 414 votes.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire