Cambs farmer believes his giant image of The BFG is the biggest image of its kind ever created and is a-mazing too!
- Credit: Oliver Dixon - www.olliedixon.co
A Cambridgeshire farmer has created a giant image of The BFG cut out of his field of maize plants as tribute to the Roald Dahl centenary. It is believed to be the biggest BFG image ever created.
Edward Gowler has painstakingly cut over 3km of pathways in his 12 acre field of maize plants near March to create the biggest image of The BFG ever created and a phizz-whizzing maze for visitors to get lost in.
The record breaking BFG in the maze stretches to over 150 metres (500 feet), making it even bigger than Roald Dahl’s BFG.
Mr Gowler said: I grew up with Roald Dahl books, and my kids love the stories now. He has a fantastic ability to inspire and enthuse children to read. 2016 marks 100 years since Roald Dahl’s birth and I wanted to pay my tribute to the centenary celebrations that are taking place across the UK this year.
“I decided to create a BFG image as it seemed fitting to put a giant in a giant maze, and it coincides with the release of The BFG movie this month.”
You may also want to watch:
Visitors to The BFG inspired Skylark Maize Maze will be challenged to find a series of Roald Dahl related clues hidden in the maze to solve the puzzle.
The maze next to Skylark Garden Centre near March will be open daily until Sunday 4 September, then weekends only for the rest of September.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
For details visit www.skylarkmaizemaze.co.uk.