Fire crews praised for quick response as they contain barn fire in March
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews who tackled a barn blaze in March were praised by their bosses for their speedy response.
“Great work by our March, Chatteris and Whittlesey crews,” the Cambridgeshire fire and rescue service tweeted today.
Fire crews were called just after 9am yesterday to the fire at Grandford Drove, March.
Backing them up were crews from Chatteris and also from Whittlesey.
A spokesman said: “Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire involving barn, which was being used for wood storage.
You may also want to watch:
“They extinguished the fire using hose reels and jets and returned to their stations by 11.35am.
“The cause of the fire was accidental.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
A fire service spokesman said: “We’ve been responding to a larger number of outdoor fires during this hot, dry spell, so our team have pulled together a little advice for you.”
The advice sheet is available on their website and on their Facebook page.
One tip offered is to make sure that if you have any glass or reflective items on your windowsills, or positioned in direct sunlight, “please consider relocating them to prevent a fire starting”.