Cambs Police calls for businesses to let officers ‘hotdesk’ or use Wi-Fi connection
- Credit: Archant
Bobbies will be on the beat with a new scheme that is calling for Fen businesses to let local police hotdesk within their organisation.
Cambridgeshire Police is looking for businesses or organisations happy to support the boys in blue by letting them use their building or use a Wi-Fi hotspot.
A police spokesman said; “Expect to see more officers working in public places, including cafes and supermarkets. They may be enjoying a well-earned coffee or snack at the same time.
“Being visible means they are accessible, so go and have a chat with them about absolutely anything.
“To assist us with this initiative and to increase our visibility in the community, we are looking for any local businesses, organisations or community groups who would be happy to support us by allowing officers to either hotdesk in their building or, providing access to their Wi-Fi networks, allowing officers to work either in your building or at a location nearby.”
You may also want to watch:
For example, if a Wi-Fi can be accessed from outside, officers while on mobile patrol outside of normal working hours could park up at the location, allowing them to continue to work while also providing a visible presence.
The spokesman said: “We would welcome any groups who would be interested in providing this service to us to get in touch. Alternatively, if you think you may be interested but have some further questions, again please feel free to get in touch.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
In Fenland the rollout of devices has begun and will be completed over the next few weeks.