Cambs police sergeant admits three counts of rape and 10 other serious sexual offences including child sex charge
- Credit: Archant
A Cambridgeshire police sergeant has admitted three counts of rape and 10 other serious sexual offences.
Sergeant Nick Lidstone, 54, based at force headquarters, Huntingdon, pleaded guilty to the 13 offences at Norwich Crown Court yesterday (Friday).
Lidstone pleaded guilty to three counts of rape, three counts of indecency with a child, two counts of causing a person to engage in sexual activity without consent, two counts of assault by penetration, one count of sexual assault, one count of indecent assault and one count of taking indecent photographs of a child.
He also pleaded not guilty to two counts of indecency with a child, two counts of indecent assault, one count of sexual assault and one count of assault by penetration.
He was arrested on Wednesday June 26.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy chief constable Alec Wood said: “This was an appalling crime where the victim was put through a horrendous ordeal over a prolonged period and I welcome today’s guilty plea.”
Lidstone has been remanded in custody, and is next due to appear at Norwich Crown Court on December 22 for sentencing.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home