CAMBS: Police stats reveal 80-year-old rape suspect and 10-year-old arrested on suspicion of ABH
A 10-YEAR-OLD was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm in Cambridgeshire last year and an 80-year-old was held on suspicion of rape, police have revealed.
Cambridgeshire Police released statistics showing the oldest and youngest individuals arrested for a variety of offences in the county in 2011, following a request under the Freedom of Information Act.
The youngest alleged drink-driver was 15, while the oldest was 80.
A 79-year-old was arrested on suspicion possessing a firearm while a 15-year-old was arrested on suspicion of possessing a knife in a public place.
Suspects as young as 14 and as old as 80 were arrested on suspicion of rape.
You may also want to watch:
The youngest person to be arrested on suspicion of murder was 17 and the oldest was 64.
The statistics show that a 10-year-old was arrested on suspicion of actual bodily harm while a 14-year-old was arrested on suspicion of possessing cocaine with intent to supply.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
A 14-year-old was the youngest person to be arrested on suspicion of taking a vehicle without the owner’s consent.
Police arrested a 61-year-old on suspicion of possessing heroin with intent to supply.