Driving instructor, hairdresser and sales assistant among new recruits
- Credit: Archant
A driving instructor, hairdresser and sales assistant are among Cambridgeshire Constabulary’s new voluntary recruits.
The special constables were sworn in, at a ceremony at the force’s HQ, by magistrate Ian Balmer and welcomed to the force by assistant chief constable Vicki Evans.
They will now be posted across the county, including in March and Wisbech, and will dedicate their spare time to supporting colleagues on the frontline.
A police spokesman said: “Being a special is a great opportunity to give something back to your community.
“They undertake a whole range of policing roles, including in specialist areas.
You may also want to watch:
“You receive professional training and acquire skills and experience that can be used in everyday life and career progression.”
For more details about becoming a special, visit https://bit.ly/3kMz18n
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter