Police in Cambridgeshire are ‘inundated’ with RTC calls after Fenland roads become extremely icy
- Credit: Archant
Cambs Police have issued a warning on social media to “drive carefully” after many Fenland roads are covered in ice.
One car slid off the B1099, just five miles away from March near Bedlam Bridge.
On Twitter Cambs Police said: “Drive carefully, many roads in Cambs are very icy today, we are getting inundated with RTC’s this morning”.
Cambs Police (@CambsCops) and Cambs Travel News (@Cambs_Traffic) are tweeting live updates as the day goes on.
6:02am – “Boongate A1139 Peterborough - one lane closed eastbound whilst two lorries are recovered.”
You may also want to watch:
6:25am – “A1139 Frank Perkins Parkway S/B - delays at J5 Boongate due to an obstruction. Please approach with care.”
7:39am – “Boongate 1139 Peterborough. Recovery complete and the road is fully open again.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
9:00am – “Newmarket Road #Cambridge - delays coming into the City.”
10:01am – “CLEARED: Newmarket Road Cambridge - delays have now eased, although traffic is still slow at the temporary traffic lights near to Ditton Fields”
Follow @Cambs_Traffic to stay up to date - police say “check before you travel”.