Coronoavirus: ‘Why this small but kind gesture makes me proud’ -Editor
- Credit: Archant/Archive
As Editor, I receive many letters –some of them uplifting, some sad, some raising serious issues and many political.
But reading some emails today, this popped up and it made me rather proud. It reflects a small but kind gesture.
I’ve omitted the names but everything else is just as it was sent. It’s from a March resident:
‘I live in March on the Cawood Close, Landau Way estate, and every week for the past couple of years, whatever the weather, and without fail a young teenage school- girl delivers our Cambs Times which is great.
‘But this week she also delivered a nice uplifting surprise.
You may also want to watch:
‘This young lady not only put the paper through the door, but also a piece of paper giving her name and her telephone nnumber with a brief note.
‘It said, ‘hi this is your paper girl; If you cannot go out and need anything picking up just call’.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
What a kind thoughtful young lady she is, and I’m sure her parents are rightly proud of her, if you get to see this, a very big thank-you.’