PLUM OR CHOPPED? Why one customer is campaigning to bring back plum tomatoes to his Co-op
- Credit: Archant
A fry up fan is calling for plum tomatoes to be stocked again in his local Co-op after they were taken off the shelves about two months ago.
Ian Shepherd says the Badgeney Road store in March now only stocks chopped tomatoes and has turned to the media to help sort it out.
“They have a whole shelf of chopped tomatoes but no plum tomatoes, you can’t have a fry up with those,” he said.
“If you want egg, bacon and tomatoes you don’t want chopped ones, you need plum tomatoes,” said Mr Shepherd who has been shopping at the convenience store since moving into Asplin Avenue six years ago.
“Why on earth doesn’t the Co-op stock them any more?
You may also want to watch:
“The staff there are great. But every time I go in there I reckon they go, here he is again, going on about plum tomatoes.
“If the newspaper can’t do anything then nobody can.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
“I know it seems a bit of a laugh but underneath it all, actually it is just annoying.”
A spokesman for the Co-op is preparing a comment.