PLUM OR CHOPPED? Why one customer is campaigning to bring back plum tomatoes to his Co-op
- Credit: Archant
A fry up fan is calling for plum tomatoes to be stocked again in his local Co-op after they were taken off the shelves about two months ago.
Ian Shepherd says the Badgeney Road store in March now only stocks chopped tomatoes and has turned to the media to help sort it out.
“They have a whole shelf of chopped tomatoes but no plum tomatoes, you can’t have a fry up with those,” he said.
“If you want egg, bacon and tomatoes you don’t want chopped ones, you need plum tomatoes,” said Mr Shepherd who has been shopping at the convenience store since moving into Asplin Avenue six years ago.
“Why on earth doesn’t the Co-op stock them any more?
“The staff there are great. But every time I go in there I reckon they go, here he is again, going on about plum tomatoes.
“If the newspaper can’t do anything then nobody can.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 6 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
“I know it seems a bit of a laugh but underneath it all, actually it is just annoying.”
A spokesman for the Co-op is preparing a comment.