Customers and staff told to lie on floor as armed robbers flee with £8,000 in cash and stock from Cambridgeshire village shop
- Credit: Archant
Armed robbers demanded customers and staff lie on the floor of a village shop yesterday before fleeing with £8,000 worth of stock and cash.
CCTV images of the raid on the One Stop convenience store in High Street, Buckden, just off the A1, were released today.
Two men are wanted in connection with the robbery and anyone who can help police inquiries or identify the men should call 101 or go to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
A police spokesman said the two men had covered their faces before entering the store.
“One had a shotgun and demanded customers and staff lay on the floor while they took money from a safe and tills,” he said.
“They then left through the front door and fled in separate vehicles.
“Approximately £8,000 worth of stock, stamps and cash was stolen. Fortunately no one was injured.”
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
The spokesman added: “We are appealing to the public to identify the two men pictured in the CCTV images.”
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting CF0030960118 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.