Customers and staff told to lie on floor as armed robbers flee with £8,000 in cash and stock from Cambridgeshire village shop
- Credit: Archant
Armed robbers demanded customers and staff lie on the floor of a village shop yesterday before fleeing with £8,000 worth of stock and cash.
CCTV images of the raid on the One Stop convenience store in High Street, Buckden, just off the A1, were released today.
Two men are wanted in connection with the robbery and anyone who can help police inquiries or identify the men should call 101 or go to Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
A police spokesman said the two men had covered their faces before entering the store.
“One had a shotgun and demanded customers and staff lay on the floor while they took money from a safe and tills,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“They then left through the front door and fled in separate vehicles.
“Approximately £8,000 worth of stock, stamps and cash was stolen. Fortunately no one was injured.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The spokesman added: “We are appealing to the public to identify the two men pictured in the CCTV images.”
Anyone with information regarding this incident should call police on 101 quoting CF0030960118 or visit www.cambs.police.uk/report. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org.